Saturday 17 January 2015

Seventeen Contour Kit

                               






Seventeen ' Define & Conquer' Contour Kit / Link  - £5.99




I love a good old contour going on, it's vastly become a staple part of my make up routine, I don't think i'd not even be able to go without a bit of a the old dusting of the bronzer on my face. I have a fair few freckles and do find I do need to be a little careful so I don't ' over do it' but I just think it gives me so much dimension, it takes away from the freckles and being on the pale side it's kinda, well needed. I do enjoy the look contouring gives and I don't think i'm alone in doing it, I haven't quite mastered the whole Kim K of contouring but we need to start somewhere don't we and what a great way to start when these drugstore brands are absolutely smashing it with their kits and their take on the contouring trend that's hit us and the latest 'must have' kits or cheeks.




Okay so let's get onto the review shall we? - how sleek is this packaging, oh yes in true beauty blogger style I've noticed the somewhat Nars esc packaging that I do love. I do find the powders to be somewhat that little tad chalky, not that much of a big deal really, not for me but others it could be, if that bothers you. I found both powders to be decently pigmented and i'd most definitely go with the term ' buildable' which let's be honest is a good thing not bad. The darker powder obviously defines the face and it does but I did have to tap my brush to ensure I wasn't going to end up 'too chalky' and the lighter - highlighter shade illuminates, isn't orange tinged as some often can be, i'm not one for that whole orange face.





Overall / This has wowed me, contouring and kits like this scare me slightly due to my freckles. I'm light handed but it's so easy to 'over apply' minus it's slight chalky-ness it does blend lovely, and effortless. It's definitely buildable so it's fab for the daytime as well as the night time, or those cheeky nights out where you'd be a little more dramatic. The staying power was very surprising as it really did stay put for the whole day and for the whole night - can't complain, I think we can go as far as saying this is a right old bargain. I think it's a product i'll happily continue to play with and hopefully.. Master the skills of Kim K! Ay, it could happen.




                                                                 Have you tried this?


                             






 
SHARE:

2 comments:

  1. I've not tried this but it looks like a must! I've been using The Body Shop Honey Bronzer for contouring and love it! xxx

    KirstyLeighx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good! What brush did you use to blend with?

    raytoria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Made By pipdig