Wednesday 19 March 2014

Product Review | Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette.







Oh hello loverrrrrlies. Now, i knowwwwww how late i am on the bandwagon with this - slaps wrist. Infact that bandwagon hoped into a box and sailed away on a blimming boat, that's how late i am ha. It's the one of the most talked about beauty items i've seen and now there's three of them, blimming eck urban decay, you didn't waste any time did you. Right, get your self a tea ladies as it's a long one. 


I have always been a fan of urban decays palettes i have the NYC Book Of Shadows which i love whipping out for a night out  and my mum got it for a Christmas, i was very impressed - well done mum! The colours are so fab. It's a palette that's always inspired me to create a you tube and use it to create tutorials. I also have a shimmery silver one with a skull on it, again from my mum, she's pretty fab. As well as lusting over the Naked Collection i have wanted the Smoked Palette too. It's the price factor, i'm always thinking it's too expensive and i'm terrible when it comes to things like this as i don't ever buy myself anything, i'm a nightmare. 




But whilst i was in Manchester i did really hope to find a Urban Decay stand somewhere, i did look online and it wasn't very helpful that'll be down to me more than the interwebs. I knew whilst i had monies and my intention was to buy make up, like Mac that i couldn't really get my hands on or wouldn't normally buy - lets say haha 
however, i had a funny feeling whilst i was out with my boyfriend Carl, after buying me some uggs yay, i now own uggs. Buy. Some. - They're so warm and they haven't left my feet, right sorry. We went in and woolah there was a Urban Decay counter, i literally yanked Carl, the poor thing. Now i'm not going to lie, they're all so beautiful and have loaaads to offer but  i think it boils down to what colours and finishes you're looking for. I knew i either wanted the first one or the second as the third didn't really appeal that much, however when looking at it, it did look pretty amazing and i could see why it's being loved, the pinky toned eye-shadow are so nice and yes, i did want to play with it then and there, i didn't swatch toooo much as i thought Carl, being there was so super duper sweet and he's a boy, come on ladies we know what they're like when it comes to shopping but he was so lovely, giving it the ' they'd look nice or this would look nice, i like the colours in here' bless him, such a babe i was very impressed! Ramble, done. 


Anyway, i think what put me off for a long-time is the shimmery shades. Until invested, i say invested they're cheap as chips - The MUA (make up academy) Palettes as they do a dupe for Urban Decay 2. I came to love them more, i've always been a matte lover! i like mixing the two up though, i opted for this as i do love to smoke up my everyday eye-shadow looks, being a big eye-shadow lover it was a must to eventually own one of these, my other palettes have seen better days as they're pretty battered! It's more taupe than the other two palettes i think that's why i stirred more to it, i do like this mix in here. There's everything from highlight shades to all over lid shades and crease and something to darken up the crease! It's become my everyday thing as i caaaaaaant put it down and like most, i'm sure. I absolutely loove it and highly recommend you all buy, soon - you probably do own this haha i'm just late. The packaging doesn't really thase me to be honest i didn't really buy it for that purpose, i just knew i'd use it to death and that for me was worth the money. 


 The palette contains 12 eye-shadows, 3 of which of matte and the rest are shimmers. Now, i don't know about you but 12 eye-shadows for £37. Isn't half bad. 


Shadows from left to right - Foxy, Half Baked, Booty Call, Chopper, Tease, Snake Bite, Suspect, Pistol & Verve. 




Shadows from left to right - Verve, YDK, Busted & Blackout. 



Overall all, the palette its self is a loverrrly little addition to have in my collection, i'm very happy i brought it and i haven't put it down since buying - that's a whole lotta love right there. I'm currently loving, foxy all over the lid which is one of the matte shades, Foxy - shimmer. In the inner corners to brighten and under my brow bone as a highlight. Half baked which is my absolute fave out of all of the shadows on my lid inner part. Chopper on the outer part and Ydk in the crease with a little bit of Busted to darken up. I'm looking into maybe trying The 3rd palette that's out there, but not just yet. If you're looking for a daytime, nighttime palette that is completely versatile then pick this up, it's been totally worth it in my eyes! <3 





        Have you used this? Or used any of the Naked Palettes - What do you think of them? 



I'd just like to also say, i'm at 36 followers. To some that won't be a lot, but to me it means the absolute world i'm so thankful to all who read or even look at my blog, I'd not be doing this if it wasn't for all the support shared, you're lovely and the response as been incredible! Thank you, all of you. xxxxxxxx 





SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig