Monday 5 January 2015

My Top 8 Make Up Gems Of 2014

 
 
 
 
 
 
 




I was going to select an item from every single category, shampoo, blusher.. so forth. That'll take me a damn long time and you'd be here till the next one was due to go up. I kept it simple and understated, I went for the items that have made their way into my most used, daily make up routines and in my make up bag the absolute most this year, there have been the odd thing here and there but honestly these have been the ones that really have wowed me something chronic! I also went for things I've repurchased, indeed these are. 2014 definitely was a year for make up for me, I experimenting more, played around with shades and even rocked a vampy lip - so no surprises this post is packed with my most used, and my absolute gems of 2014. Without further a do here are my loves of 2014, enjoy..








Benefit, Porefessional Primer: I don't think i'm on my own when I say that I love this product, this was a hit not so long back and seemed to be the 'it' primer and with jolly good reason too, I opt between this one and the BodyShop's All-In-One Primer. If perhaps you don't have the funds for this one i'd go for that one because I hold a lot of love for that one too, I really do think this works wonders - it doesn't hide every pore or make the vanish because what will ay? It really creates the most amazing base for your make up and keeps it on all day and and hide away those imperfections, it's really lovely and i'd recommend investing in this.


Where to find this: Link


Price: £24.50




Soap & Glory's, Archery brow tint & precision shaping pencil: Of course a Soap & Glory product would make it into my favourite products of 2014 - would of thought it ay? I really do love their make up products and i'm very happy they did decide on bringing out their own make up line, I do really adore their normal line with all their bath products as well as their skincare things, honestly the products are amazing. I was quite the scaredy cat when it came to my brows, I was scared i'd over draw them or i'd somehow be kack handle and they'd look bloody awful but this pencil makes it fun and I can now see that brows really do set off your whole look, I don't think I've used anything else in the year, it's brilliant.


My Shade: Brownie Points - that name though, come on.. so cute!


Where to find this: Link


Price: £10.00





Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette: It would be an absolute lie if I didn't tell you I hadn't used this, it's been my most reached for and my absolute most used palette of 2014, it's pretty amazing and i'd even go as far as telling you i'm in love with this pallet, eye shadow palettes are something id invest in till my dying day, they're so practical and amazing! I've used this for nights out, Smokey eye looks and day time looks, it's so versatile and sp pigmented - it's so amazingly good, I still use this nower days and to this day it's still my favourite and was well worth every single penny, I even have a back up.


Favourite Shades: Foxy, Half Baked, Booty Call, Chopper, Tease & Suspect.



Where to find this: Link


Price: £37.00







Benefit Hoola Bronzer: Best bronzer I have ever, ever used! This actually was the first thing I brought myself from benefit, I had saved all my pocket monies up - I still love and use this now and that was when I was seventeen, it's always one of my most reached for products, you'll find me using this every day, it's such a good all rounder, applied lightly as a blush. All over for a sun kissed look, as a bronzer of course and also used as a contour powder - best thing ever, love this.



Where to find this: Link


Price: £23.50







Benefit Hervana Blush: Aah - my perfect everyday blush, absolutely adore this product - so effortless but so gorgeous at the same time! This has really really stood out to me this year. I still use everyday now too, the three shades swirled in together leave a really gorgeous pinky, peachy - coral shade on to your cheek, it looks so natural - love this so much.


Where to find: Link


Price: £23.50








The Body Shop All-In-One BB CREAM: As much as i'm a foundation junkie - that's a fine statement to make but its true. I never thought i'd love something like this, for lighter days i'd just use a lighter foundation. When I came across this I fell head over heels, I have used foundation all this year but this has been used quite an amount also, even in the winter months won't lie. It's so beautifully glowy but actually provides a really good coverage on the face, being a wonderful product and base. It's wonderful for those - no make days, it's really lovely and very much impressed, I've repurchased this and did receive another for Christmas and In all honestly, i'd choose this over any of my foundations, absolutely love this.



Where to find: Link


Price: £12.00






Rimmel Lasting Finish, Kate Moss Lipsticks: Okay, I had been honestly living under some rock - how hadn't I noticed these?! They're ah-mazing. I definitely sporting more lippys this year, I really experimented with colour that I didn't ever think id wear and that's not something i'd ever do, I was always a nude lip sorta girl but I found these and then vampy shades eat my heart out, i'm in love and hooked. I have a fair few now in my stash - go get them, they're fab. I wanted to list all of them however I couldn't, I needed be strict on myself. Stated above is 01 - this happens to be an absolute most worn shade, it's this gorgeous red however it's very vampy and just gorgeous, a must have for those who love a darker lip.



Where to find: Link


Price: £5.49




Benefit They're Real: Wow, there's a theme. I hadn't realize just how gaga for benefit I had been until I grouped all my most used and honestly most reached for items were, I do love them but woah, benefit overload. This mascara is incredible - I didn't think i'd love it as much as I would, but that isn't true, it's probably if not the best ever mascara I've ever used. It lengthens, is the blackest of black, doesn't budge and needs a jolly good make up remover to remove it from those lashes, separates and adds volume - what's not to love?!


Where to find: Link


Price: £19.50






Collection, 16 hour wear concealer: I too, indeed did jump on this bandwagon - best concealer ever and loved by so many. I must've like most purchased umpteen amounts of this! Perfect for under the eye although only applied lightly, it's a thick formula so be careful there but fab for blemishes as it'll conceal them effortlessly. What a winner!


Where to find: Link


Price: £4.19







What are your favourites? Happy New Year! I'm honestly looking forward to so many things this year, thank you so much for reading, all my love xo

















 


SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig